Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What do you wear for a job interview?

I am 16 and about to go to an interview for a job for a yogurt shop. What am I suppose to wear to this job interview that won't make me look too old and classy yet at the same time not a lazy snobby teenager. Also do you have an advice on what to say during the interview?

A Job Interview Without Cold Sweats



Recommended Answer:
I always wear red to my interviews and 90-percent of the time I ended up getting the jobs. There were many people way more qualified than me but I guess I was more ... rememberable in the interviewers' eyes due to the intense color of the outfits. It is also said that you should wear red to courts or to give speeches. So to sum it up, wear red!

During the interview let the interviewer lead the way. Only talk politely when asked to. And whatever his/her opinions on certain things are just nod along with a nice smile.

You're 16 so I guess the main concern that the interviewer probably has is reliability (I helped my mom interview teenage waitresses for her restaurant.) They probably will ask if you have reliable transportation or not. If you don't have your own car you'd probably have to go an extra mile to persuade them someone will give you rides to work and that you'll be on time every time.

Always tell them that you really enjoy school (even if you don't) to show you're a positive person. Tell them you have a lot of friends who love yogurt (he/she will like you more because if they hire you they'll be able to attract a big crowd of your friends. More money for them.)

Just be yourself and you'll do just fine. Good luck !

A Job Interview Guide for Starters


  • I usually determine what I will wear to interviews based on what employees wear. Go by the store and take a look at what employees are wearing. If they are in t-shirt and jeans or cotton shirt uniforms, then wear dark jeans with no rips or holes with a clean shirt or sweater (not T-shirt) and closed toe shoes. If they are in dress pants and collared shirts, then you should dress up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment