Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What's the weirdest question you've been asked on a job interview?

I've applied to some jobs and being that I'm only 15, if I do get a job interview, it would be my first one. I've heard that some employers ask really weird questions to see how you would do under pressure. I know I wouldn't do well at all, so I just want to see what kind of things are asked and how you all answer.

Job Search Strategies - Seven Kinds of Job Interviews



Recommended Answer:
y do u wanna join

After the Job Interview - Stay Consistent With Your Personal Brand


  • "If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?" (said in a very smug, I'm too good for you tone). My response was "Are you seriously asking me this question?" and then telling the interviewer that I didn't think I'd be the right fit for the corporate philosophy if these were the questions that they used in the interviews. I then took my time to write this in a letter as well to the corporate HR department. We wrote back and forth a few times, I met him for lunch one day when I was in that city on another job interview. I guess I impressed him because shockingly, I was offered a job by corporate to be a manager over the inept interviewer.

  • Can you Tap dance ?
    I said i didnt know but would give it a go....
    Gave it a go, looked a bit silly, broke the ice and carried on with interview.
    Would like to say i got the job but afraid this isnt a fairy tale and they gave it to some other bugger.... oh well its a good story for when iam in the pub!!
    My advice... confidence and preperation on company background will take you far, also if you dont know the answer to a question dont blag it say you dont know and could you re-phrase the question please?

    Good luck

  • Hah! One time I remember I was asked "What's up with your costume?" I said, "It's not a costume, I've worn this all my life!"

    **Remember, the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!**

    -Buddy the Elf

  • If you could be any cartoon character, what would you be? I totally screwed up on that one. Say you would like to be bugs bunny... very sophisticated, always gets himself out of a predicament, and a clever rabbit.

  • What kind of job is this? [a question to you, I'm 15 as well and I would like to have a job that isn't McDonald or Publix or anything similar]

  • "So tell me about yourself..."
    I went " errr....uhmmm...ah.."
    Needless to say dimwit didn't get the job, but I definitely started to learn more about myself after that.

  • i dont have a job but this guy lied he said the president called him and asked do u pick ur nose but he lied

  • One time I was asked my orientation. I said straight, then they asked, "Are you always straight, or just most of the time?"

    That guy turned out to be quite weird...

  • Have you ever been sexually abused? I said, "Not yet."

  • hello how are you today?

    it was like wow that's a little personal lol

  • can you touch your toes?

  • here are some balls, can you juggle? that was at a tech support call centre, I cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment