Friday, September 30, 2011

Job Interview Questions: Should I always wear a suit to a job interview?

Most of the jobs I apply for consist of a dirty work environment. Sometimes I will even be introduced to my work environment for a tour when I interview. Oftentimes I decided not to wear a suit since I may get a little dirty. Should I wear a suit to all job interviews even if my work area is dirty?

Answering Interview Questions - How to Make the Right Impression in Your Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
You are supposed to dress for an interview according to the site and type of job you will be performing. If the job would require a suit, then yes wear the suit. If not, then you need to dress more business casual. Definitely press your pants and shirt, wear a belt that matches your shoes, and socks that match your pants. If it is a rugged outdoor environment, wearing decent boots or work shoes and blue jeans would be okay. The jeans should be a good pair and should still have been pressed. I was once told, dress as if you could be going to do that job, just be very clean and neat about it.

You can overdress for an interview. I was once interviewed by a team of people and I was the only one suited up, the rest were in cowboy boots and blue jeans!! It would have been nice if I would have know what they typically wore at work, I did not get the job!!

Job Interviews - How to Quickly and Easily Succeed at Them


    No comments:

    Post a Comment