Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Job Interview Questions: Is filling out a W-9 required for reimbursement of travel expenses for a job interview ?

I went for a job interview and to get reimbursed for my expenses The company I interviewed for required I fill out a W-9 to get my expense reimbursed. Is that a requirement of the IRS?

How To Make Job Interviews Easy



Recommended Answer:
Give them the w-9.

Keep in mind that they may well send you a 1099-Misc for the money at the end of the year. They don't have to treat this like an accountable plan.

If they do bill you, it's income. Your job interview expenses could be deducted on schedule A, but I doubt you itemize.

Which of These Job Interview Problems Would You Like to End?


  • I have been reimbursed (by several different companies) for interview travel expenses without completing a W-9. If it is a requirement, it must be new, because I do not think that those companies were all breaking the law.

  • if it was more than $600 then yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment