Monday, September 5, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What should I wear for my job interview?

I'm going to a job interview for a teaching job, so obviously I want to make a good impression :) I've narrowed it down to two choices, a pink skirt suit, red scarf, black tights and a pair of black boots or a grey pant suit with ordinary shoes. Which would give the best impression?

Telephone Job Interview Challenges - Preparation Is the Key!



Recommended Answer:
I am more business-oriented, so I am just assuming that the teaching profession more or less follows the same guidelines for attire.

Personally, I would wear the dress. However, I wouldn't use black tights, especially if they are opaque. Depending on the stance of the interviewer, opaque black may cheapen the look of the dress. Err on the side of safety and go with skin-tone pantyhose, which is universally accepted in the business world. I would also opt for low heels instead of boots.

I would wait until you are actually hired before you start getting too adventurous with your outfits. Once you're "in," talk to your peers to see what you can get away with.

It is Important For Every Job Seeker to Know About the Job Interview


  • Consider what the person or people interviewing you would think would be appropriate for the ideal person they want to hire. I would suggest presenting an appearance that makes you look like you would fit the job very well. This is probably less an issue of colors, and more one of appropriate choice of styles. If you wouldn't wear it to the job you will take, be careful about wearing it to the interview.You could dress to the higher side slightly, but don't get far off base.

No comments:

Post a Comment