Saturday, September 3, 2011

Job Interview Questions: No response after job interview, what to write in email?

I had a job interview around 2 weeks ago, and they said they'd let me know if i got it in around 1 week. I though it went amazingly well, but still no response. Im planning on sending them an email (dont know their number) but i have no idea how to ask them without feeling rude. Any help?

Expert Job Interview Advice From Someone Doing the Hiring



Recommended Answer:
Following up isn't rude, in fact, it shows that you are really interested.

"Dear Mr. or Mrs. Smith,

It was a pleasure to meet you. I interviewed for the position of _________ on June 14, 2011. I am writing to inquire about the status of the position and reiterate my interest."

Add a line or two that may subtly jog their memory as to who you are and there you go.

If you find this helpful you may want to read this article as well.
familymanfinance.blogspot.com/201…

Good luck!!!

6 Tips For a Successful Medical Device Sales Job Interview


  • I know you''re anxious to hear, but if you're in the U.S., do not write until Wednesday after the July 4th weekend. It is entirely possible that you have key personnel out of the office right now, the competition is fierce, and the decision has really not been made yet. The silence may be bad but it may also be very good.

    Dear ---

    I interviewed with you on _____ for _______ (position title), and I really want to let you know that I enjoyed the interview very very much. To me, it was more like a conversation among colleagues than an interview and it made me more interested in the position than I had been before we met. At the time, you indicated that I could expect a decision within a week, and of course it has now been considerably longer than that. So I write to find out the status of this process and of my application. As I said, I am enthusiastically interested in this position and your company, and the interview was an exceptionally positive experience for me. So as you might imagine, I will definitely look forward to hearing from you, hopefully soon and hopefully positively.

    Sincerely -

    You can edit this to suit your own voice, but this should do it.

  • Look on the Internet. They have sources for that purpose.

  • Ask them for feedback on your intrview telling them i wil improve my skils if you notify my weak areas..

No comments:

Post a Comment