Monday, September 12, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What should I bring to a job interview?

I have a job interview in 4 hours at a small computer shop. I faxed my application, cover letter and resume over a few weeks ago. Should I bring any of these things?

Job Interview Tips Begin With Knowing the Process



Recommended Answer:
I would bring the resume and application just in case your interviewer misplaces the items. This will eliminate the potential for any awkward moments and shows that you are prepared and thorough.

I Have a Job Interview - What Should I Do?


  • It is never a bad thing to bring another copy of your resume and cover letter. Like someone else mentioned above, sometimes items get misplaced. If the hiring manager did misplace your resume, you have another copy for him or her.

    It also helps to have your own copy too. A lot of hiring managers go down through a resume asking questions. If you both have a resume to follow, things will go more smoothly.

    You might also want to bring a notebook and pen to take notes. Good luck at your interview and it sounds like you'll do great since you are looking to be prepared and doing the research first!****I just realized that I answered this question too late - how did your interview go?

  • Bring them if you want to have a quick read over before you go in. It's good to remind yourself of what you actually told them so you can answer questions about your application with more confidence.
    Bring a notepad if you think you'll want to make notes right after the meeting while it's still fresh in your mind.
    Bring a small bottle of water because your mouth/throat might be really dry afterwards!
    Bring anything else that'll make you feel comfortable and that you look your best eg. tissues, lipbalm, small mirror etc.
    Bring your passport if they require you to be a UK citizen.

No comments:

Post a Comment