Friday, September 16, 2011

Job Interview Questions: Would you wear scrubs to a medical assisting job interview?

I am a medical assistant and I am not currently employed I have a job interview tomorrow and would like to know others opinions on wearing scrubs to the job interview. My thought frame is mentally, I would like them to see me in a clinical capacity in the office.

Job Interview Preparation: The Key To Getting The Job Offer!



Recommended Answer:
I am a Clinical Medical Assistant, and to my initial interview (I had two for the same clinic) I wore scrubs because I had come straight out of a highschool course class. I was told to wear scrubs. (Matching..Clean, white, appropiate shoes.. and my name tag). This interview was for my internship.

My second interview I wore nice slacks, a button up blouse, and some formal flats. I was hired on the spot. This interview was obviously for the job.

I would treat it like any other job interview. Dress formally.

Hope I helped.

Job Interview Preparation Tips From an Experienced Manager of Sales Job Interviews


  • No, scrubs are never appropriate for an interview unless its for a internship or you have just come from a shift. The rule of thumb in an interview is to always dress nicer than the interviewing person. For all interviews, a professional attire of flats, closed toes, dress pants or skirt, neat shirt, hair back etc is always appropriate. No dangling jewelry, large earrings, loud nail polish or long nails, etc etc.

  • Never. They'll either think you're frivolous or that you have absolutely no sense of what's appropriate in the business world.

    For an interview, wear a shirt with a collar, pants with a crease, real shoes, and socks or hose. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment