Friday, September 16, 2011

Job Interview Questions: Is it okay to get drunk before a job interview?

Sometimes alcohol helps me to relax my nerves and feel a bit more at ease. People say I'm more likable after I've been drinking. Before my last job interview I had about 4 shots of Vodka and 5 Buds, but I think the employer could smell it on my breath, and I did trip and fall on my way into his office. I was thinking about drinking a little less for my next job interview, but I'm not sure yet. What do you think?

Job Interviews - How to Quickly and Easily Succeed at Them



Recommended Answer:
It's not considered the right thing these days. You would be more 'with it' if you were tripping on good quality LSD. Take the trip about three hours before the interview and make sure you have a large knife when you go in. Peeing in your pants is a good indication that you're relaxed, the interview panel will like that. Ask personal questions and make a few sordid jokes. Good luck.

10 Tips For A Successful Physical Therapy Job Interview


  • Alcohol is the worst thing you can take to relax yourself before an interview and even though you may not think it, the interviewer will know so you are going to waste your time even going on the interview.

    The best way to be relaxed for an interview is to learn deep yoga breathing you can learn it on utube. Get there early, look your best, be your best, focus on the present moment, give your interviewer your full attention and try to enjoy the process.

    If you think that the only way you can face situation is to take alcohol then you have to face up to the possibility that you are an alcoholic.
    Go to an open meeting of the AA. The 12 steps of the AA programme is the best thing that you could do for yourself and your confidence.

    GoodLuck.

  • haha! this is such a funny idea... my friend drunk a bit before his gcse spanish oral.. (and he got a good mark!) so i think its probaly ok to loosen you up and make you more relaxed, but 4 shots?!! yeah i would cut down a bit, but then i am a terrible lightweight... :)

  • I think you should use your own judgment. It sounds as if you are a person that make good decisions. Especially if you want a career standing in the unemployment line.

  • No.

No comments:

Post a Comment