Saturday, September 10, 2011

Job Interview Questions: Am I allowed to bring awards to a job interview?

I won a few awards before I graduate high school. Tomorrow, I have a job interview as a sale person. Should I bring the awards? They are not sale awards, but some from science and mathematics and presidential award.

Job Interview Attire - How to Choose the Right Career Clothes For Your Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
I have a Portfolio I that carry with me that has copies of cool stuff, like some of my previous work, awards like you have, letters of recommendations, news clipping about me, and stuff like that. I carry it in a little white 3 ring binder. I also have extra copies of my resume and letters of recommendation in the front pocket in case there are extra people who come into the interview, or additional interviews at the same time. You don't have to even open the Portfolio, but if the topic comes up in the interview, it is not inappropriate to open it up and show the reference. Nobody knows or cares if you are carry a 3 ring white binder to a interview.

meljr

The Proper Instruments For Passing the Job Interview


  • If the awards are not relevant, you don't have to use them. in any case, you probably mentioned them in your resume, and if not, you may mention them during the interview, without showing off diplomas.
    good luck with your interview!:)

  • Don't.

    Mention the awards on your resume, if you want to, but don't bring them with you. I'm trying to say this the politest way possible: If you did such a thing, you'd be laughed at.

No comments:

Post a Comment