Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Job Interview Questions: How long should I wait before calling back after a job interview?

I had a group job interview at Kohl's on thursday August 12. After the interview they dismissed everyone except me and told me they liked me a lot and gave me more paperwork. On monday August 16 they called both references on my application. It is Wednesday and I have not been contacted yet. When should I call and inquire as to the status of my application? Also, they are hiring many people for a new store opening; would this prolong their response?

Thank you, have a great day.

Job Interview - 4 Ways to See Yourself as Job Interviewers Do



Recommended Answer:
I would wait until Friday and then call them back. You are right that they are probably super busy. However, since they gave you the extra paperwork and actually contacted your references, I'm guessing that it looks good for you.

Good luck!

9 Steps to Job Interview Success


  • Call and ask them when they want you to bring in your paperwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment