Sunday, September 4, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What should I expect from this job interview tomorrow morning?

I am a 16 yr old struggling with anxiety and depression, and this is my first ever job interview, so I am extremely nervous about it. I have NO idea what to expect. It is to be doing kitchen work (mainly cleaning and stuff) in a local restaurant. What kinds of things will I be asked? Should I talk about my anxiety (or even mention it)? Are they going to ask me questions about my bank account or how they're going to pay me or something? Because in terms of money, I don't even know how my bank is set up! lol. Help?

Career Change Job Search: Job Interview Tips!



Recommended Answer:
They'll most likely ask you what sort of experience you have that relates to the job you've applied for. So even though this is your first job, tell them about any volunteer things you done, etc. If you really don't have experience, put a positive spin on it and tell them that you learn fast, and really push the fact that you're a good student (assuming your a good student). A lot of times places like restaurants know that this is your first job and so they just want to know that you're going to be reliable and hard working. Tell them that you're really excited about this position and feel that you would do well. Confidence will show them that you really have interest in the job, and that you'll be able to handle yourself if hired.

Do not talk to them about your anxiety. You don't need to share that information with them unless it becomes a problem on the job. Your first interview should be highlighting all your positive points. You want to give them reasons to hire you, not reasons to throw your application in the garbage.
Also, don't ask about pay or benefits on the first interview. Wait until you have the job to bring things like that up.

How To Get Ready For A Job Interview


  • They will be trying to find out if you are a good match for the job, and information to compare you to other applicants to see who is the best match... most dependable, most efficient, most cooperative, most likely to stay around once hired, etc. So, what you're looking to do is convince them that you fit what they're looking for.

    I would not talk about your anxiety. That makes you appear like a potential problem, not a solution.

    Also, questions about details about pay belong after you get hired, if you do. That's human resources stuff; you don't start in on HR stuff until you're hired.

No comments:

Post a Comment