Saturday, October 22, 2011

Job Interview Questions: Am I overdressed for my job interview?

I have a job interview for an accounting position at a small, moms-and-pops type of retail store that sells business suits. Because it's an administrative/accounting position, I was planning on wearing my usual dress suit, blazer & buttoned up blouse, but is this too much for a small retail store?

The 11 Cardinal Mistakes of Job Interviews



Recommended Answer:
I would say for this profession yes, you should wear a suit. Accounting is dealing with a company's money right? So you want to come across as professional as possible and give the impression that you are serious about your job. A general rule of thumb is to never dress less than "business casual" for any job. Again for jobs like sales, marketing, accounting and executive roles, always wear a suit.

Self-Speaking Lies About Job Interviews


  • I would always wear a suit to an interview. My boss even remarked on it later saying he knew I was ready to get to work as soon as he saw me, and it weighed heavily on his decision to hire me. First impressions are everything especially in job interviews.

  • You should try a gownless evening strap.

  • u can never be too dressed up

  • No its not. It lets them know you are a proffesional and you carry yourself well no matter where you are.

  • Definitely not, dress to impress!

  • pleather thong, vinal chaps and pasties! how i got my job damnit

  • you have to wear some what special dresses like suit, etc.
    then only you might be special one.

  • Rule of thumb: When in doubt, it is always better to overdress than under dress. Go for the suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment