Saturday, October 29, 2011

Job Interview Questions: How Do I Introduce A Nickname During A Job Interview?

I have a job interview at red lobster today (so its not like a formal interview) but I was just wondering how I'm supposed to introduce it? I really hate my legal name and I don't want to take the chance of waiting until (or if) I get hired to tell them because by then they probably would have already made me a name tag.....

How to Bounce Back From Job Interview Rejection



Recommended Answer:
Just say "my friends call me ____, it's the name that I'm used to".
/

Take a Look at Some Useful Job Interview Tips


  • As they greet you and shake hands you say, "John Smith, but I go by Jimmy."

    Or, "Joh smith, but I prefer to be called Jimmy."

    Or whatever your names are in this case.

  • When introducing yourself say: Hi my name is __________________but I go by ____________________.

  • When you first meet the interviewer, shake their hand and say "Hi, I'm (nickname)".

  • I agree with all of these answers. Just don't be forceful about having to use a nickname, or even have a friend stop by and call you by the name, it could catch on a little bit.

  • Hi I'm Beverly but I go by Bev.... I've said that a million times!

No comments:

Post a Comment