Thursday, October 27, 2011

Job Interview Questions: Elbow length black cardigan to job interview? What else to wear?

Hi everyone. I'm wondering what would look good for a job interview. I am interviewing for a few different internships this week and am wondering what is appropriate to wear. I have black dress shoes, a black cardigan, black pants, and a boxy-patterned blue/white/black blouse underneath. Does this sound good? Is elbow length appropriate? Will I look like I'm going to a funeral or something (I looked in the mirror and seem awfully black, but maybe it's just me being paranoid). Thanks for the help.

Five Powerful Body Language Tips to Ace Your Next Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
It sounds good to me, as long as it's appropriate for the industry for which you seek an internship. (If you were wanting an internship in, say, law or banking or another "suit" industry, you would probably want to try to upgrade to an actual suit if you're a college student.)

If you wanted to mix things up because of the overwhelming amount of black, you could probably switch the pants to a gray. (I guess it depends on what the blouse looks like, though) or pick a top underneath that doesn't have black (like blue, cream or plain white) But, honestly, you sound good to go.

Just make sure that the sweater and the pants are close to the same color black--if one is obviously more faded, it'll look weird.

Interview Questions And Answers - Worst And Good Job Interview Answers


  • Black in my opinion is very professional looking. I love wearing black slacks to work. It just looks so tailored. I think it sounds like a good outfit to wear to an interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment