Thursday, September 8, 2011

Job Interview Questions: Any tips on a job interview at a credit union?

OK, I have a job interview at a Credit Union this afternoon for a Member Services Rep position. I really want this job. I hate my current job. I can never do anything right in my bosses' eyes. I feel like I'm being treated like a child, and the pay is just terrible. Any suggestions for my interview this afternoon? I previously worked at a grocery store as a cashier and loved that job. I love handling money. Anything I can say or do at my interview to insure I get the job?

Job Interview Mistakes!



Recommended Answer:
Member Service Reps are the "face" of the credit union to the public. The CU is looking for someone who is friendly, helpful, and competent. They want someone who will "go the extra mile" for its members. If you can give an example or two of how you have gone above and beyond in your current or previous jobs, that will be helpful.

One of the key points about credit unions is they serve members, not customers. Since credit unions are financial cooperatives, the people who deposit money are member-owners, not customers. Essentially, the members are your boss. Try to use the word member in place of customer -- it will impress the credit union because most people don't know there is a difference.

If you have a few minutes, go to the credit union's website and read the "about us" section. It will help you understand more about the credit union. If you have a few more minutes, go to cuna.org and read a little about credit union history.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Some Common Job Interview Weaknesses and How to Address Them


    No comments:

    Post a Comment