Thursday, September 8, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What Are Some Common Job Interview Questions And Answers?

Hi all, I have an interview coming up next week and wanted to know what kind of job interview questions and answers I can expect? Thanks!

Career Change Job Search: Job Interview Tips!



Recommended Answer:
Hi John,

Here's one that you might get and a good answer you could try out ...

Question: Give me an example of a problem you faced on the job, and tell me how you solved it.

Answer: "Sure, at my last job we had a problem where the situation was "X" ... the action I took was "Y" ... and the positive outcome was "Z" ... I was commended by Susan in Accounting for solving the problem and getting the project back on track. I think that's the type of experience you are looking to bring to your team ... isn't it?

Discussion: This is a problem solving question that tests your critical thinking skills. This is a great question for showing that you are a creative and capable problem solver.

The problem you select to use as an example should be as similar as possible to a problem that you are likely to face at the job you are interviewing for.

1) LISTEN for their "pain points,"
2) Give an example of your experience where you solved something similar, then
3) Get them to agree with you that such experience would be beneficial to the company.

Here's one more ...

What have you learned from your mistakes?

"Good question. Well, I've been successful at every job I've had, but I have had the normal ups and downs. I'd say that I do actively try to monitor my work habits and the quality of my work so that I can constantly be improving myself.

FOR EXAMPLE, I have had one or two hiccups with customers where their satisfaction was not where I thought it was. I learned that I have to really monitor certain difficult customers closely and "take their temperature" so I can keep their satisfaction level as high as possible. Have YOU had any customers like that here?"

Discussion: Show that you are able to learn from your mistakes, but don't offer up any negative examples concerning your past performance. Show that you have been successful, but that you have the maturity it takes to examine your own behavior so that you can learn and grow and be a better employee. Be brief.

These are just a few that I found at a very helpful website, don't worry, I've left a link in the resource box below, good luck on your interview!

Job Interview Basics: Reduce Stress Build Confidence!


  • Do you have proof of I.D? So take as much as you think is necessary such as Driving Licence passport, birth certificate, National Insurance card. medical cards and take a couple of utility Bills or bank statement they check your name to the address. its to make sure you are who you are and that you are a legal Citizen. Take a copy of your C.V if you have one (check your spelling). Take training certificates NVQ ETC... Prepare a few questions you would like to ask them. Don't be afraid to ask about pay if you don't already know. Don't fold your arms its like putting up a barrier. If you haven't already told them of references of a couple of people make sure you know of at least 2 with their name and address and a phone number.Its all about preparation. Be confident. You are aloud to smile. they might ask you about yourself tell them you are adaptable and capable and you learn quickly. Ask you mates what your best qualities are and pick out the once that can be used. Oh if your Job requires a C.R.B make sure you answered the question about criminal record truthfully, because if you lied just a little you will be caught out. I hope all of this is useful good luck. I know what its like im job hunting too. fingers crossed.

  • Hello,

    Here are three common interview questions:
    1. Tell me about yourself.
    2. Why do you want to work here?
    3. Why should I hire you?

    This article should help you :-)

  • It's very popular now for employers to ask you a very open question like "Run me through your career to date"
    So know your own history and reasoning.

    Also, the classic "What motivates you"
    and "Why are you searching for alternative employment"
    as well as "So what do you know about the role you have applied for?"

  • Why did you leave you last company?
    Do you mind working odd hours, holidays, or weekends?

No comments:

Post a Comment