Saturday, December 24, 2011

Job Interview Questions: About to go to a job interview... Should I tell them or not?

Hi

So, I'm about to go to a job interview, and I was wondering if I should let the interviewer know about something bad that I did at my last job? I think its better if they hear it from you first rather than later from your old boss, right?

I'll just explain that I was not as mature as I am now, more responsible, etc

Questions to Ask in the Job Interview - How to Nail Your Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
I agree with the previous answers, it's better to leave out bad references. Assuming you've already disclosed that information, you should tell them the situation and what you learned from the experience. This is your chance to put a positive spin on it.

Top 10 Tips for Excelling in a Panel Job Interview


  • why are you using your old boss as a reference?

  • It's not confession, LOL. Just be you and focus on moving forward. GL!

  • It's always better to be up front about stuff like that than to have it come back and bite you in the *** later. Be honest.

  • Unless its something on your criminal record and the application specifically asks about your record why in the world would you tell them your faults?

  • Use references that you know will give good information on you. As for your last employer, don't use them as a reference. As for the new company calling them for employment verification, they are only supposed to verify that you worked there and when. If they offer anything further, they are not supposed to and you may have grounds to sue. Check your local labor laws to be sure or if you know a labor lawyer, ask them what your options are.

No comments:

Post a Comment