Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What do I wear on a flight with an immediate subsequent job interview?

I will be flying to an interview and will not have the opportunity to change before meeting with a potential employer. Under normal circumstances I would wear a suit to an interview, but I definitely don't want it to wrinkle, don't want to look pretentious, etc. Besides that, I do not plan on bringing baggage to hold another outfit. Only my purse and interview portfolio. How can I maintain a high level of professionalism while flying to this interview? Is a skirt going too far?

Job Interviews -- The Real Reasons Why You Need to Follow Up



Recommended Answer:
A nice skirt suit would work well - the skirt is less likely to wrinkle. Carry on a light jacket that works with the skirt to slip into after the flight, you will look quite professional. Wear it onto the plane, slip it off (perhaps over your lap during the flight) and slip back into it after the flight. It will cover any wrinkles you might have on your back from the seat and give you a nice, professional appearance. I'm assuming that you would want to make a very professional appearance for any job that you would fly to interview for.

Smiling Your Way to Success in a Phone Job Interview


    No comments:

    Post a Comment