Monday, December 26, 2011

Job Interview Questions: Will I get a job interview?

I applied at Starbucks. The lady called me back to ask me a few questions about my application. She asked me basic questions like my skills, why I want to work at Starbucks, etc. She then said she had to review other applications and she will call me back. Does it mean I can still get a job interview or was that rejection?

9 Most Common Job Interview Questions and Answers



Recommended Answer:
You may get a job interview and it depends on the other candidates. Whenever you speak with a potential hiring manager, you need to be prepared with a question about when you should expect to hear back. You don't want to appear needy or desperate, but it shows that you are interested in the job and that you want to follow up. You can also ask if it's okay to check back with her in a few days on the next step to work at Starbucks. If it's been a few days or up to a week and you still haven't heard back, take the initiative to go back in and speak to the manager who called you. Hopefully, you know the name of the person who called you. It's important to know the names and correct spelling of anyone you talk to for future thank you notes or follow up.

Good luck & it this does not pan out, keep looking for other opportunities!

Job Interview Weaknesses - How to Overcome These Common Job Interview Weaknesses


  • If you don't get a call back, that was very unprofessional of her but you shouldn't worry about it. There should be plenty of other stores in your area where you can apply as well. The barista position is in high demand and Starbucks has a high turnover so don't be discouraged.

    If you are concerned, definitely follow up with the manager to set your mind at ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment