Friday, December 30, 2011

Job Interview Questions: How do I answer this question in a job interview?

I just graduated college and am in the process of job hunting. I'm finding little to nothing in my desired career so I'm starting to apply for administrative and secretarial positions. I'm anticipating a question such as, "Why do you want this job?" to come up. How do you answer this question when you really don't *want* the job, but rather *need* the job?

I'm obviously not the only person that's had to work jobs they didn't want to do, so how did you answer this question during the interview?

Job Interview Mistakes To Avoid



Recommended Answer:
Just like the person above me mentioned, as much as you would rather have a different job, don't ever say that. You don't have to sound like you are over the moon excited or ready to jump for job, but don't give off the impression that you would rather work anywhere else.

I would say something like you want this job because the environment seems positive, challenging, and the best environment to make use of your skills and training.”

Good luck!

5 Telecommuting Job Interview Tips


  • don't let them know you dont want the job.
    explain that you think you would benefit the company by using your great people and communication skills. say that you want the job to use your abilities and to be an assett to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment