Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Job Interview Questions: How bad did I fail during the job interview?

One of the questions she asked was what do you know about our company and I completely forgot to research the company so my answer was "To be hones I did not research the company and I really don't know. Did I ruin my chances of getting the job?

Job Interview Techniques - How to Crack the Interview Code



Recommended Answer:
I would say your chances are slim to none of getting the job. If you were on the other side wouldn't you want to feel like the person at least cared enough to prepare? Even if you had the best intententions how can you expect them to think you are going to show up to work prepared if you can't take five minutes out of your day to pick a few bullet points about the company?

With so many people out of work right now, you need to set yourself apart from the rest; not self yourself back.

Job Interview - Top Tips When Preparing for a Job Interview


  • That really depends on the company and the job. If you're at McDonalds or Walmart, they probably don't care, and are just looking for warm bodies. At a small business of some sort, they probably don't care because they're small, and they're just looking to gauge what you do know. The only time I'd be worried about that sort of thing is at a medium sized company who are looking for passionate people to expand the brand. I don't think this answer really hurt you in the long run.

  • Always, always, go to an interview fully prepared which means you should care enough to do a little research. You probably blew the interview but you can learn from your mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment