Thursday, December 22, 2011

Job Interview Questions: Change of qualification/availability after job interview?

I applied at pizza hut for a cashier's position as well as a delivery driver's position. My parents told me after I had gone to the interview that they do not want me using the car for deliveries. This is my only transportation, which means now I will not be able to be a delivery person. Should I call the employer and tell him this now, or wait until they call and offer me a job?

Job Interview Preparation - Three Key Steps



Recommended Answer:
Your parents are right, don't use your own car for deliveries.

If you call, you might poison your cashier application. Wait for a call. If they offer cashier, then there's no problem.

If they offer delivery, then you could tell them that your car needs repairs and that you are not comfortable using it for deliveries, since you want to do a good job.

If they don't offer you that cashier job after that, then you wouldn't have gotten it in the first place.

Meanwhile, don't sweat it. Apply at a few other places.

Regards,
The Montrealer

Job Interviews: Effective Question And Answer Strategies


  • You definitely should have checked with your parents before assuming you can use the car for deliveries. That is a big assumption. Call Pizza Hut and explain the situation ASAP.They will appreciate your honesty.

  • Call them now and tell them you are only available for the cashier position, not the delivery job.

  • yeah I would let Pizza Hut know that you can only be a cashier. I applied at pizza hut too but like i was saying... I never get called back =[

No comments:

Post a Comment