Monday, December 26, 2011

Job Interview Questions: Is this too much black for a job interview?

I have an interview tomorrow morning and was planning on wearing black dress pants with a black dressy top. Is that too much black?

The Top Job Interview Tips



Recommended Answer:
Not really, but if you're worried about it being too black try to soften it with some nice accessories of a different colour and a cute eyeshadow.

Top Job Interview Tips For College Seniors


  • i really need to get my mind out of the gutter......

  • I think it is. I may be prejudiced, but I associate the all-black look with goths, and I associate goths with surly attitudes. Note that once I have the job I wear all black frequently; it's just so easy to pull outfits together that way.

    Also, you say you plan on wearing a dressy top. It's so easy to step over the line and wear something too fancy for the job. If you would wear it to a cocktail party, don't wear it to the interview. Instead, a white blouse or sweater and black slacks makes you look like a waiter, but that says to the employer, "I'm ready to work."

    Or wear any other color top. Just, in my opinion, stay away from black.

    Good luck with the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment