Thursday, December 22, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What would be a good reason to use during an job interview to get the specific days and hours I want?

I have an upcoming interview with a big retail store. I would like to work part-time from 6 to 9 pm and from Monday to Friday only. I want to keep my weekends free. For obvious reasons, retailers will frown on this. I have a family, a one year old baby boy whom I really would like to spend time with along with rests of the family on weekends. What would be an excellent reason to give the interviewer to hire me and give me the days and hours that I am requesting?

Job Interview Practice - You've Done Your Interview Prep, Now What's the Best Way to Practice?



Recommended Answer:
You'll need to be exceptionally good at the job. It would also help if you have tons of experience in the field.

To be honest, if someone submitted an application with that availability, I would not call them. So maybe you've already made it past that hurdle. The only exceptions I ever would have made would be for someone with tons of experience, enthusiasm and energy or if we were seriously desperate for people.

As for the reason, I would just be honest. You could even just say that you're not available on weekends and not give a reason at all. It might also be helpful if you say you'd be willing to work the occasional Saturday (if this is true) as many stores have promotions or special events where they really need extra people in addition to the regular weekend staff.

Preparing For Job Interviews


  • I have met similiar problem before, here list of sites infobusiness3.notlong.com/1AAoqmM

No comments:

Post a Comment