Thursday, December 29, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What shall I do if I have not heard back from a job interview?

I applied for a job recently, and the hiring manager said that she would get back to me on the 29th April to inform me if I had been successful in the short listing process. However, it is now exactly a week and I am really anxious. Should I phone her or email her to find out, or would I come across as sounding desperate and impatient?

How to Handle a Courtesy Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
I think the best thing to do would be to call or email since its already been a week, however, in the future (if you don't get this job) I would recommend sending out a thank you card immediately after leaving the interview.

I have managed to find 2 great jobs in a very bad economy and I was told by the hiring manager that the nice thank you note sealed the deal. It really set me apart from the others they were considering, and thats coming from the managers.

The note said something like "I just wanted to thank you for your time and let you know that I am very interested in the _______ position. After speaking with you about this job in detail, I know that I will be a perfect fit with your team. If you choose to go with another candidate, I completely understand, and please feel free to keep my information on record for future reference and if your business needs change,"

That little 99 cent card got me the job :)

Try it next time. As for now, a nice email stating something similar to what I just said would be your best shot because it would get there quicker than a card. You want to make sure that you get back to her as soon as possible in case shes still in debates about who to hire.

Good luck, it sounds like either shes really busy and running behind schedule or you may not have gotten it :/

The Secret Revealed Behind Tricks That Interviewers Use During Job Interviews


  • You can feel free to give her a call, but at this point it is unlikely that you are going to get the job. However, there is definitely nothing wrong with following up after an interview. It shows that you care about the job. Your choice of wording will determine if you sound desperate and impatient.

No comments:

Post a Comment