Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Job Interview Questions: How do you talk about your DUI in a job interview?

I got through the first step of the hiring process. I had to check yes in regards to my misdemeanor DUI charge and they still called me for an interview.

Now what should I do? I know that they'll probably bring it up and I really don't want to stick my foot in my mouth and say the wrong things. How should I go about talking about my DUI? Should I go into details or no?

Techniques To Avoid Job Interview Stress



Recommended Answer:
I wouldn't go into details. Just tell them you misjudged and made a mistake. You have learned from it and much more cautious and much more mature now. It was one of the hardest periods in your life, but it was a good opportunity for you to grow up and understand the consequences of your actions, and you are making much better life choices because of it. You can't go back and change the past, all you can do is learn and grow from the experience.

Know the Job Interview Answers


  • <<
    I had to check yes in regards to my misdemeanor DUI charge and they still called me for an interview.
    >>
    Almost no one is gonna care that you had a DUI. What is the job?

    Anyways I wouldn't go into too much detail, just say you made a mistake and learned from it. Don't sound irresponsible, for example don't say I got pulled over for a busted head light, no one's head light has ever failed a breathalizer. Just sound mature and responsible when if your asked, to be honest with you most people wont ask.

  • If they ask, you tell them the truth without giving up details. If they don't ask, you keep your mouth shut on the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment