Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Job Interview Questions: Help me out with a job interview problem?

How classy is too classy to be dressed? I'm interviewing at a Regal theatre for what could potentially be my first job, and I'm dying to get it. I normally wear shirt dresses, pea coats, and bowler hats in my daily life, but I'm thinking maybe it would be too much. Can anyone give me suggestions that I could pull out of my closet tonight?
(The interview is tomorrow at 1PM.)

Also, I have two healing cigarette burns, one on each wrist. If I put a band-aid over each, will the interviewer notice or ask questions? What do you guys think?

How to Ace a Nursing Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
legally an interviewer (due to ADA issues) cannot ask about the burns, so I recommend a flesh colored bandage.

The bowler hat would detract from the interview. Dress nicely and remember to focus on what you can do for them on the job.

Job Interview - 4 Ways to See Yourself as Job Interviewers Do


  • I would just dress how you normally dress, don't even worry about it

  • Well, for one, I would leave the bowler hat at home. A shirt dress sounds fine though, minus the pea coat unless it's cold out.

    As for the burns on your wrists....that's a whole other problem isn't it? You could wear long sleeves but flesh colored band-aids should hide them. What happened? Did you burn yourself or did someone else do it? Either way, you need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment