Thursday, December 22, 2011

Job Interview Questions: How to prepare for my first job interview ever?

I'm 16 and today got my first interview ever for a place called Marylou's Coffee. I have picked out my outfit, my interview is on Friday. I was just wondering what type of questions I should expect, what I should bring (if anything), and what to expect. Any advice will help me a lot! Thanks!

5 Helpful Rules to Successful Job Interviewing



Recommended Answer:
You should bring a pen definitely. Maybe even a pad for notes.
They will probably ask you things like what makes you right for this job and then you should answer saying things like you are self motivated, hard working, a fast learner, dependable, responsible, reliable etc. They may ask why you want to work at that job and then you would have to think of why you like the coffee shop. You can say you think they have coffee and you like the atmosphere. Say something professional while complimenting the store but make sure its true.
They will ask you when you are available to work, if you want full or part time, what is your schedule and if you have a ride.

Try to stay calm and poised. Maybe do a practice interview with a parent or relative so you get more comfortable. They are probably used to going on interviews and know what they may ask.

Look them in the eyes when they speak to you and speak clearly and enunciate your words. Relax and don't be too intimidated. Try to appear confident and interested in what theyre saying. Try your best but its only a part time job. If you don't get this one there are plenty out there.

How to Prepare for a Successful Job Interview


    No comments:

    Post a Comment