Saturday, October 1, 2011

Job Interview Questions: How Do I Introduce My Nickname In A Job Interview?

I have an interview at a Denny's on Thursday and I was just wondering how I go about introducing my nickname in a job interview.

My real name is Joseph but my nickname is Joey. I really want to do it in the interview because if not it's going to be harder if I get hired. Thank you.

Job Interview - Top Tips When Preparing for a Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
You don't! Let the person call you whatever they want to. He or she may call you Mr. Smith. They are running the interview. Remember, jobs are tough, just play along. I know that this is not a major request, but it just may give a wrong impression of you. At the end of the interview, if it seems like you have the job, then you can say something. This is a crazy world, something as simple as a nickname could ruin it for you. Take nothing for granted. Good Luck!

5 Helpful Rules to Successful Job Interviewing


  • Personally, I wouldn't introduce it as this point. It's not really appropraite. Stay professional and keep on topic. Of all things to introduce, your nickname shouldn't be one of them. That is something you introduce on the first day of work, not at an interview.

    I go by a nickname as well (Like...if my name were Jessica, I would go by Jess), but I still go by my "full" name in all interviews. Of all the jobs I've had, I've had no problem letting them know that I prefer my nickname. Really - it's not a huge deal once you get hired.

  • Hello Sir/Ma'm, my name is joseph but most people call me joey. Im here for the Denny's Interview..........Thank You Very Much!

  • hi, my name is joseph but you can just call me Joey

  • Shake the interviewers hand and introduce yourself as Joey

    or "Hi, i'm Joey.. nice to meet you"

No comments:

Post a Comment