Friday, October 14, 2011

Job Interview Questions: How would you answer the question "why did you choose to apply for this job" in a job interview?

i heard that this question is asked alot in job interviews and i really dont know how to answer this. I have a pizza hut job interview and there is a big possibility this will be asked and truthfully my answer to this would be "just to make some money", but i know better than to say this. I need to BS my way through this question, so what should i say?

Tips to a Job Interview Presentation to Impress Your Hiring Manager



Recommended Answer:
This is the route I would go:

" I chose this job because I think highly of this organization. I think you produce a quality product for consumers and nobody I know has ever had a bad experience at a Pizza Hut establishment. I enjoy dealing with people and I know that customer service is important in this line of work. I believe that I would be an asset to this organization if you give me the opportunity to prove it to you."

BAM...job in the bag : )

Job Interview Skills: How to Manage a Bad Interview!


  • First and foremost you want to show that you're responsible. So it's ok to say that you want to make some money - because that's truthful. However, there is a way to say it that also sounds like you are responsible. I think you could say that you don't expect your parents to pay for your college education and that you intend to get a job to save money towards your education. Additionally, it might be nice to say something about how you have always liked the pizza at Pizza Hut.

    I recall my interview at Pizza Hut and I remembering the manager asking me why I wanted to work there and I told them because I wanted to be able to answer the phone and say "regular price, 4 bucks, 4 bucks, 4 bucks." That was the special offer that they had on a TV commercial at the time. It made the manager laugh and allowed me to relax and not be so nervous. So, it's also ok to be funny during the interview as long as it's related to the job your applying for.

    It may also be wise to somehow share how you like people and are outgoing because you will handle customers a lot during your work - even if you're not a waitress. The cooks and dishwashers that I worked with at Pizza Hut also answered the phones and took orders.

  • i choose simple answer

No comments:

Post a Comment