Thursday, December 8, 2011

Job Interview Questions: Any tips for my first job interview?

I'm 16 years old and I'm getting my first job interview at Walmart. Now I'm pretty nervous, I'm not sure how I can go about preparing, or what I should know, etc. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, especially from someone who's done a Walmart interview.

I don't want to screw up this interview, it's the only one I've gotten after handing in about 20 resumes -.-

Job Interviewing - Do's and Dont's - Before, During and After an Interview



Recommended Answer:
Dress nicely, most likely in a suit, make eye contact with the interviewer but not creepy eye contact (its ok to blink). Don't wear colon, sit up straight, don't play with your hands, be relaxed, turn your cell phone off, have a copy of a resume/portfolio with you.Try to mimic how the interviewer is sitting/acting during the interview but don't make it seem your mocking their actions

When they ask you a questions keep it focused on the job/career don't rant on about your personal life. Make sure you shake your hand when meeting them and introducing yourself and shake hands when leaving, also, at that time ask for a business card or way to contact them to follow up.

Their are many good videos on youtube that can help you prepare for your interview, I'd suggest watching a few before going in.

Make sure not to show up late, show up 10 to 15 minutes before hand.

Good luck on your interview!

Job Interview Skills - 9 Things You Should Never Do in an Interview


  • Here's the tips that I share you with your first job interview:

    1. Try to stay cool, calm, and collected. Staying as calm as possible, will help you focus on the interviewer.

    2. If you feel flustered, pause and take a few deep breathes to gather your thoughts.

    3. Be confident in your skills and abilities when you are talking to the interviewer. Remember this is a first job and you aren't expected to have a lot of experience.

    4. Try to incorporate what you know about the company looking to hire you.

    5. Be honest. If you have sports or other activities that may conflict with your work schedule, tell the interviewer.

    6. Make eye contact and avoid distractions.

    7. Listen and take notes. Have a question ready to ask at the end of the interview.

    8. At the end of the interview thank the interviewer for taking the time to interview you.

  • I worked at a place similar to Walmart, We don't have Walmart in my country.

    I went to the interview in jeans and a formal collared shirt. The interview went normal and she just asked me a few questions such as "What days do you want to work? How will you be a benefit to the business ect" It was all easy and i didn't need to prepare at all.

    Tips:
    1) Keep cool don't go waffling about boring crap.
    2) make sure you smell good, and look good in general.
    3) Have a smile and make sure you look friendly.good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment