Sunday, December 4, 2011

Job Interview Questions: How many references should you include on your reference sheet (job interview)?

Hi all. I have an interview for a computer networking job next Monday. I am curious, on a reference sheet how many references should be included? I've worked 3 other jobs (2 technical, 1 non technical) and I have references from both as well as college professor references. What is the best number to include on my reference sheet?

Job Interview Tips For Success



Recommended Answer:
If it is for a resume I always put "references upon request", you don't need them on your resume. But if it is asked on an application I always put three. I would only put job references because they can vouch for your actually work, as where college professors can only vouch for your "assignments". Hope this helps and good luck with the interview! I am a manger and have been on many job interviews, so this is what I look for and what I've found the interviewer was looking for as well.

Advice on Having a Successful Job Interview


  • references upon request is fine. Usually 3 references is the ideal

  • i think you must include the technical one
    because you are going for a computer networking job.

No comments:

Post a Comment