Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Job Interview Questions: How should I followup my job interview at Dion's?

I interviewed for a job as Dion's Pizza two weeks ago and my mom has been riding my butt about the importance of following up. She has suggested that I write a thank you letter for the interview, but I feel like that would be too much. I want to seem like I'm interested in working there (because I am) but I don't want to be overbearing. Should I just go in and ask them what's up while buying a salad? Fffffuuuuuuu.

Stress And That New Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
I would give them a call. If you call them back that is telling them that, you are definitely interested. You don't have to buy a salad btw.

Job Interviewing Skills: Increase Job Offers With Effective Communication!


  • Do what I do and call back or go in person and say thank you for the interview, that you appreciated their time. then ask them if they had made a decision yet on who to hire. it shows initiative for sure. usually i do this a day or two after, but since you have waited so long it is important that you write a letter and quick because they wont the memory of your interview fresh in their minds and wont give a second thought about it. if you write the letter now you have the chance that they will unearth your record and consider you for employment as chances are they have already forgotten who you are.

  • go there personally, and ask to see the manager or whoever interviewed you. then ask: 'when might you be arriving at a decision about hiring me or not?'. two weeks is about sufficient time to wait, unless they otherwise gave you a specific time frame.

    PS. don't do this over the phone. if you show up personally, then it shows interest in the job. and don't buy food when you're there. that won't gain their favor. you're there strictly to find out whether they would like to hire you or not.

  • Myself I contend that letters are excellent, providing they are written using excellent syntax and spelling (always use a spill chucker!). You can get some excellent instruction for composing letters by following the resource in the box below, it's got loads of alternative stuff about job searching aswell.

  • You should hand out like 5 resumes a day,,, and also ask if their hiring.... took me like 50 resumes to get my first interview and after the interview i got the job >:3,,, also just say im here to follow up on my interview,,,, ask for the dude that interviewed you x3

No comments:

Post a Comment