Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Job Interview Questions: Should you or should you not make a follow up call after a job interview?

my mom went to the ritz carlton for a job interview last monday.

the lady called her friday and said to resubmit her application online on monday.

she did that.

my mom says "she is a very busy woman. you don't call unless they ask you to. this is an expensive hotel, not mcdonalds."

I told her to just call and let her know that she filled the application out. she said if she did they wouldn't hire her because she would be bothering them.

I don't understand.

How to Prepare for a Successful Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
First thing is she does have a reason to call the lady back. All she needs to do is call the lady back to ask if she received her resubmitted application. Then she should ask if there was anything else the lady may need from her as she looks forward to working there. I wish here the best. Good luck

Job Interviews - What Makes a Great Interview Candidate?


  • YES!

    It is very professional and will set you apart from the rest if you call.

    I highly recommend to your mom that she call.

  • Absolutely call, even if it's to leave a message. Show some interest and initiative.

  • I think it is important to show interest above the rest. I would call after waiting a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment