Monday, December 12, 2011

Job Interview Questions: I have my first job interview and have a few questions?

I have a job interview in a couple of days and have little to no job experience, I'm applying for a 6 month internship) do you think it's alright if I write up an article talking about the products of the company as a sign of my work and style of writing and commitment and seriousness?! Or is that pushing it? please give me some feedback

5 Tips For a Successful Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
it may be helpful to provide some form of your work and expertise related to your internship.jobsearch.about.com/od/interviewq…
Tough question No. 6: "Tell me about the worst boss you ever had."
Suggested answer: "While none of my past bosses were awful, there are some who taught me more than others did. I've definitely learned what types of management styles I work with the best."

Tough question No. 7: How would others describe you?
Suggested answer: "My former colleagues have said that I'm easy to do business with and that I always hit the ground running with new projects. I have more specific feedback with me, if you'd like to take a look at it."

Tough question No. 9: "If you could choose any company to work for, where would you go?" Suggested answer: "I wouldn't have applied for this position if I didn't sincerely want to work with your organization." Continue with specific examples of why you respect the company with which you are interviewing and why you'll be a good fit.

Tell me about yourself. www.gowrikumar.com/interview/inde…
"I was born in Canton, Ohio and attended Lincoln High School. Ever since I was a teenager, I tinkered with computers. It was my hobby, my passion, and my way of learning. Like most kids I enjoyed computer games. When my folks gave me a computer as a reward for making honor roll my sophomore year, I mastered DOS, Windows, and WordPerfect within six months. I then went on to teach myself programming basics.
By the time I graduated high school, I knew I wanted to study programming. From that point on, everything fell into place. My life revolved around computing. By my junior year at Syracuse, I decided I wanted to work for a major software manufacturer. That is why I had an internship last summer at FastTrack Software.
I now want to work for a major player so I can be at the forefront of breaking trends and new technology. When my college roommate told me about his start in your department, I hounded him until he helped me get a referral, which brought me here today.
I am prepared to answer any questions you may have about my education and experience."Where do you see yourself five years from now?
"In five years I hope to be working with an employer in an increasingly responsible position, that enables me to utilize my talents and work closely with my colleagues in solving important problems. I see myself taking on new and exciting challenges in an enjoyable environment and hopefully this will be with your company."

We all have weaknesses. What are some of your major weaknesses?
"I have a real weakness for chocolate that tends to go right to my waist! I'm watching my calories carefully these days!" or "I've never been good with accounting. I'm glad this job doesn't involve accounting." Or "I have a tendency to take on too much on my own. I am working on this by delegating more."

What type of decisions do you have difficulty making?"I sometimes have difficulty choosing between two equally good ideas

What's your dream job?"My dream job would include all of the responsibilities and duties in this position you're trying to fill
What are your strengths?
"My strengths are my communication skills. As a result of this I'm able to work well with technical and non technical individuals because I'm able to convey my messages precisely. and I can usually win people over to my point of view. Also, I have good judgment about people and an intuitive sense of their talents and their ability to contribute to a given problem.

Tell me about a time you didn't perform to your capabilities.
"The first time I had to give a presentation to our board, I failed to anticipate some of their questions. I was unprepared for anything other than what I wanted to report. Now my director and I brainstorm all the what-ifs in advance."

How do you regroup when things haven't gone as planned?
"I start by trying to imagine the worst possible outcome; then I back up and identify precautions I can take to avoid that scenario. In this way I usually end up with a result close to the original goal. The training example I described earlier is proof of that skill."

How do you manage your work week and make realistic deadlines?
"I always reserve two hours of dead time every day to handle any unanticipated problems that may occur. I used to plan for eight or nine hours of project time, but now I find that I'm able to manage my own projects, as well as whatever my boss and staff need from me."

What personal skill or work habit have you struggled to improve?
"I had to learn to say no. I used to be helpful to the point that other staff abused my goodwill. Now I offer to help by countering with something I'd like help on in return. On balance I believe the trade-off is more equitable, and cooperation in our office has improved over time."

Some Common Job Interview Weaknesses and How to Address Them


    No comments:

    Post a Comment