Friday, December 16, 2011

Job Interview Questions: Job interview and planned vacation?

I have a job interview today, but I'm going on vacation from the 19th to the 22nd. When should I tell the interviewer about it?

Master Job Interview Skills



Recommended Answer:
If at the interview they ask when you can start, say "I am available to start as soon as possible. However, I should let you know that I will be out of town from the 19th-22nd."

If it doesn't come up in the interview, don't randomly explain it. If you are offered the job, as part of the discussion say, "I have a vacation that was planned from the 19th-22nd. Are there any problems with me taking that time off?"

It's always best to try to wait until after you have a job offer in hand -- it is less likely that an employer would retract a job offer for something like. It's more likely that they would simply choose another candidate if they already have the information and it really is a problem for them. However, if they ask about your starting date or availability during the interview, be honest and forthcoming.

Top 7 Ways to Prepare For a Successful Job Interview


  • On the itnerview tell them you can start right away but have a pre planned vac and give the dates. My cousin did that she worked someplace 3 weeks then went on vacation and came back and all is fine. it was planned way before her job interview. Employers know you have a life
    good luck do you best and be Honest.

  • Managers know that employees have a life.
    Simply tell them about your pre-planned vacation and ask if you need to cancell it.
    They will work around that.

    Last thing you want to do is accept the job, and tell them after you have the job.
    Be upfront.
    /

No comments:

Post a Comment