Saturday, December 17, 2011

Job Interview Questions: Getting ready for my first job interview?

I was called today about a co-op position at a business that I sent my resume into. I'm going through my school, finding a job. It takes up part of my school day, and it will officially start next school year. So I scheduled an interview for next week.
I'm just wondering if anyone has some pointers or dress clothes ideas for me. I'm 16 years old, and this is an office. So I want to try my best to be professional.

Job Interview Techniques to Land Your Dream Job



Recommended Answer:
Before you do anything, you need to research everything about that company and prepare questions for the interviewers to show them how interested you are.

You need to be very calm and confident that day. Make sure you smile, and always look them in the eye when you answer any of their questions and also when you're asking them questions as well.

It shows them confidence, and how friendly you are.
When they ask you questions, make sure you say things like, when i work with (name of their company) what exactly will be my role?

Make sure you mention that you're a team player and that you're a positive person.

At the end of the interview make sure, you thank them for giving you the opportunity to talk about your background and it was a pleasure speaking with them.

Shake their hands, look them in the eye with a friendly smile and tell them you would love to join their company as you believe you would be a great asset for the company and looking forward to hearing back from them.As for the dress code, i always wear dress pants, not too tight, heels, not too high. a buttoned top - no cleavage showing, don't wear too much makeup nor too much perfume.

After a few days, you can email them a thank you email saying you enjoyed speaking with them and very excited to join their company and that you're looking forward to hearing back from them and then just wait until you hear back from them.

Common Job Interview Mistakes


  • A white button up and black slacks.

    Allow time before the interview to relax and distress; do not go into the interview super nervous.

    Don't worry if the interview is short; all interviews don't have to be long and won't be.

    And it doesn't mean you've done a bad job if it is short.

    Smile often but not too much, make eye contact.

    Prepare flash cards full of important questions; at least 3 questions:

    * "What should I expect if I am hired"?
    * "What is the company known for/motto"?
    * "Can I leave my resume`"?

    You can ask plenty more questions but I was just giving a few examples.

    Remember that the person interviewing you is human, so that can help you to relax, while you are trying to create a good impression, remember to be personable.

    Good luck! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment