Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What kind of questions will they ask at a job interview for a movie theater?

I have an interview tomorrow at a movie theater and am scared sh!tless! I'm 16 and it's my first job. What kind of questions will they ask me? And how do I answer? I can only guess they'll ask me to describe myself in three words, my hobbies, etc, but what others?? Also I am wearing black pants with a nice but casual shirt. Is that okay?

Our Six-Step Guide to a Successful Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
I work at a movie theater. Lets see..some questions i was asked were..how many classes am i taking in college. when am i available, and can i work holidays. (say yes, even though it sucks..i have to work every holiday :( ) Another question i was asked is what would make me a good employee. But really, im sure they will hire you no matter what, because this time a year, we need new people :)

How to Prepare for a Job Interview


  • I could sense this is a part-time job. Usually, they'd ask you about your availability, your passion and some other general questions. Do worry, be polite and be there on time. They don't expect a lot from you. Telling them you are prepared to perform some general light duties such as picking up materials on the floor where you see it would endanger other people, be able to communicate with other people at all level etc. Good luck to you.

  • Your interview outfit sounds fine. 3 words, hmm...ready to work!

    Mainly I think they are going to try to make an assessment as to whether or not you would be a reliable employee. That means somebody who sincerely wants the job, and will be dependable.
    By dependable that means you have to have good attendance. a job is a big responsibility. your employers count on you being there because if you don't show up things get harder for everybody else.

    Also they will be looking at your ability to deal with the public. So smile a lot and be friendly and open and try not to be toooo nervous (interviewers actually already know you are probably nervous and take that into account).

  • They most likely just want to know that you are honest and have a good work ethic. As long as you show that you are responsible, you should be fine. If they ask you a question and you don't have the perfect answer, don't worry about it. Just try to relax and say what feels natural. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment