Thursday, December 8, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What do I wear at a job interview on a hot day?

I'm going to my first interview for a job as a cashier at Walgreens. It's supposed to be really hot tomorrow. I have dress clothes, but most importantly how necessary is the tie?

From the Eyes of a Job Interviewer



Recommended Answer:
A tie isn't really that necessary. I was going to recommend a skirt and a tank, but because your asking about a tie, I'm guessing your a guy, especially because your name is "Jason" (:

If I were you, I would wear khaki pants and a short sleeved collared shirt. You just want to look neat. No need for a blazer, Oxford shirt, and tie. I don't think you'll overheat in the khaki pants, either. Aren't the interviews conducted inside?
~ Caty

Appearance Matters in Job Interviewing


  • Wear dress pants, a short sleeved shirt with no tie and polished shoes. Comb your hair and make sure your face is clean. If you're going for a fancy place the tie would be important if it's just your local McDonalds then the tie wouldn't really matter.

  • You gotta look good either way, no matter the weather.

    I mean, it's not like you'll have the interview outside, right? I doubt Walgreens wouldn't hire you because you didn't have a tie.

  • Nothing:)

    Or only boxers with homer simpson will be nice
    unless your a girl
    then a hot pink bra and matching panties will do the thing (y)

    GOODLUCK on your job interview!

  • A cashier at Walgreens? A job can't get any more pathetic than that. They take any scumbag, do you honestly think they care what you wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment