Sunday, December 4, 2011

Job Interview Questions: Job interview and asked me for a curriculum vitae?

I just graduated from high school and I applied for a job at a coffee shop (holly's). My interview is tomorrow and they asked me to bring a curriculum vitae but I don't have one. What do I do?

Current Trends in Job Interviewing Techniques for Human Resource Management at Marriott



Recommended Answer:
That is the British phrase meaning "resume". It is actually Latin. Write out you job experience and education. Hand it over. Don't spend more than 10 minutes on it.

Job Interview Tips For You-Five Tips To Instantly Increase Your Success Rate


  • Your curriculum vitae is like a resume, but jacked up on steroids. From latin, it means "The course of my life." It is a more in-depth resume (which I would suggest you bring, also).

    It is kind of an in-depth education information sheet. Instead of the simple abbreviated form (the resume) with basic info, like where you want to school, your GPA, and the dates, you'd also add things like specific classes, awards, etc.

    For a coffee shop, I'd bring a resume and maybe make a simple curriculum vitae from templates found on google. You obviously don't have a ton of life experience or college, but you have some from high school that could be useful. Don't worry if you don't have a four page CV-- fresh out of high school, you might barely get to two.

    Google/Yahoo a search for a curriculum vitae, and use the links I've provided to help you. I admit, I've never made one, but I've made a couple of fairly detailed resumes that could count as CVs when asked.

  • It is a list of classes you have taken. See if your school can provide your transcripts.

No comments:

Post a Comment