Monday, December 5, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What should I exspect from my job interview at petsmart?

I have a job interveiw today at 2:00pm. This is my first interview but my second job. My first job just hired me on the spot. I really want this job! What are some of the questions they will be asking? Someone please help me out!!

Top 10 Tips for Excelling in a Panel Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
I've worked in various types of retail jobs. They all basically ask the similar b.s. questions that they expect some complicated answer to; but it's simple questions requiring simple answers. I've had retail managers who couldn't spell worth a crap, and currently have an assistant manager over me whose verbal word usage, grammar and spelling shocks me. All retail jobs, even manager jobs - aren't that difficult. That's how these people get in. They use their years of retail experience to get into a manager job by sheer time and length of employment - not by smarts. PetSmart is surely no different. They'll ask your strengths and weaknesses, and ask the "Describe a time when you had to go beyond your duty to help a coworker/customer..." type of questions. You'll talk about your experience at your previous job, and they'll ask your duties, etc. Be early for the interview. Leave with plenty of time. I can't stress enough leaving with plenty of time. If you leave later than planned, it's just about guaranteed that many unforeseen obstacles will seem to get in your way and you'll end up late. Be in the store waiting about 15 minutes before the interview. Tell an employee to inform the manager that you are there for the 2:00pm interview and a little early, and will be waiting in the store. Go walk around and look at various things in the store, while waiting on the manager...but stay within a distance so that you can see when he/she is ready to see you. You don't want to go running off so they can't find you; but likewise, you want to show interest in the store in that you are looking around, checking out things, looking at how they merchandise, etc. Basically that part is just for "show"...the job is simple, though.

Do You Make Any of These Top 5 Job Interview Mistakes?


  • I have never interviewed with Petsmart but I have worked in retail before. It is likely that they will ask about your strengths, your weaknesses, how you resolved conflict, and how you define teamwork. I just did a post about common interview questions on my new blog called Jobless Genevieve a few days ago. Feel free to check it out. It was created especially to help unemployed young people and recent jobless graduates with job searching and the job application process. Hope that helps! Good luck!

    Genevieve
    joblessgenevieve.blogspot.com/

  • they will want to make sure you can do the job. tell them you love pets so you would love to work for them if you have pets tell them so.

  • Probably things like when were times you experienced good/band customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment