Monday, September 12, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What should I bring for my job interview?

I have a job interview, what should I bring with me?

Job Interview and Preparation Coach



Recommended Answer:
Steno pad to write down notes, a copy of your resume, and your references. Please remember to look sharp and study some questions they might ask you.

www.xinterview.com/interview-questions.php

How To Make Job Interviews Easy


  • Here is the (very long but very important) list that I recommend to clients. Obviously not everything will be necessary for you, but it will at least give you a checklist to start!

    * One nice copy of your resume for each person interviewing you, plus one copy for yourself to reference (if you don't know how many people you will encounter, I usually print 10)
    * Two nice copies of your reference list
    * Two nice copies of testimonials and reference letters
    * Two nice copies of positive, relevant work reviews and awards
    * Two nice copies of relevant designs, artwork, proposals, project plans, reports, etc.
    * One nice portfolio (optional) in which to arrange your testimonials, reviews, and related work. Don't include anything that you don't want to lose. (I learned this the hard way. I put original certificates, awards, and references in a portfolio, and a hiring manager asked to keep it for review. I was so excited about the job and trusted that I would be hired, that I allowed him to keep it. A couple of days later I called to see when I could pick it up and he had lost it.)
    * Two pens that work
    * Notepad (In advance, I write my questions on it and notes for myself so the interviewers know I've come prepared. You should also write down the names, titles, and other notes about the people interviewing you.)
    * Directions to the interview
    * Contact number in case you get lost or are late (don't be late!)
    * Fully charged cell phone
    * Hairbrush or comb
    * Breath mints
    * Tissues
    * Stain remover pen or wipes
    * Coins for parking meters and vending machines
    * Money for coffee with the interviewer, lunch, parking, etc.
    * Bottle of water (most places will offer you something to drink, but I like to be prepared)
    * Anything else the interviewer has asked you to bring

  • Use an interview checklist of what you need to do the day before your interview and what you should take with you to the job interview. The site below provides a comprehensive interview checklist so you can be well prepared for your interview.

  • Nothing, really. Just yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment