Friday, September 2, 2011

Job Interview Questions: How to dress on the flight to a job interview?

I have an out-of-town job interview. The perspective employer is booking a flight for the evening before the interview. An HR representative will meet me at the airport and drive me to the hotel. Interview attire is a topic that I have nailed down. However, I have not interviewed in another state from where I lived before this interview. As the HR representative will most certainly express an opinion to the hiring manager, do I dress as if I were going straight to the interview? Or business casual, so that I do not look too eager?

Job Interview Tips - Negative Attributes That Will Stop You Getting a Job Offer



Recommended Answer:
Business casual. (You can Google pictures of it). Something like dress pants and a long-sleeved button-up, a nice sweater set or a blouse that's dressy but that's not quite interview attire (but, obviously, it should be tasteful).

Something that won't wrinkle too badly during the plane ride. No linen!

If possible, pack your interview attire in your carry-on if you are worried about your luggage being lost.

The Best Job Interview Tips To Help You Get Hired Fast


  • Yes, dress for the interview.

    Years ago I flew to Chicago for an interview and the airline lost my luggage! OMG!!! I had to rush around trying to buy decent clothing, I had flown in comfy sweats.

    They had a limo pick me up and take me to my hotel, but that really added a lot of stress.

  • Business casual is appropriate.

    Good Luck, I hope you get the job.

  • think office or lawyer.. notice how they dress. bussiness like

    classy collar shirt / skirt or slacks

    Express is a good store

No comments:

Post a Comment