Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Job Interview Questions: Is it appropriate to wear a brown suit to a job interview?

I have an important job interview in a few weeks. Thing is I already used up my black suit for my initial interview, thus I don't want to show up wearing the same thing. All I have left is a brown suit. I'm even considering wearing the black with a totally different colored shirt. What do you think?

Special Job Interview Considerations



Recommended Answer:
Of course. Brown is 100% as appropriate as black. I'd caution you about wearing a neon green or bright red suit, but for the most part, as long as it's a suit, it doesn't matter.

How to Follow Up After a Job Interview: Recommendations on What to Say After an Interview


  • anything neutral or dark such as a dark blue, black, brown, maybe even eggplant color if there's such thing is professional :)

  • Wear a navy blue, black or dark grey suit is preferable.

No comments:

Post a Comment