Sunday, September 11, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What is the best thing to wear to a job interview that is at a grocery store?

I got a call today for a job interview at a grocery store in my city callMeierjer. Can someone please give me an idea of what to wear to the interview, how to do my hair and how to do my makeup? As a tip, I am going to be 19 years old in less than 2 weeks. please help!

Need A Free Job Interview Tip? Six of The Best Right Here



Recommended Answer:
For a grocery store, you have more options.

I wouldn't go any more casual than khaki pants (Dockers) and a polo shirt, but, honestly, you would probably do better to go in something like a pair of black dress pants, a button-up blouse and a pair of closed toe dress shoes. Make sure everything is pressed and looks neat. Nothing kills an outfit more than a bunch of wrinkles everywhere, and if you wear a white shirt, make sure it isn't see-through.

Hair is not that important. I leave mine down for interviews, and I have medium-length straight hair (although I do make sure to use the straightener on it to get the frizzies out on humid days), and makeup should be light and look natural.

5 Job Interview Tips


  • I'd say clean slacks (dockers are fine -- I'm a guy, that's what I wear) and a polo shirt (non-branded would be best) or semi casual shirt. Walmart - $25-$40. If you have to go in Levi's then make sure that they aren't faded or torn. I wouldn't go overboard on the makeup.

    Just look in the mirror and ask would you hire this person to represent the store to the public. When you do the mirror check just remember, you aren't going to a fashion show. You're going to attempt to impress one individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment