Monday, September 12, 2011

Job Interview Questions: How honest to be in a job interview?

I'm a teen and I've never gone to a job interview before, and I'm looking for a job. It's good to be ready for interviews and prepare answers to questions I may be asked, but what if my honest answers aren't appealing? Should I lie? Like if the honest answer to "What are 3 adjectives that your friends/family would use to describe you?" is clumsy, unorganized and short-tempered? Or the answer to a direct question like "How are you people skills?" is a bit awkward and not good with small talk?

What To Bring To A Job Interview - Interview Basics



Recommended Answer:
You need to be more positive. You don't have to tell them all your weaknesses, but you also shouldn't make up a munch of skills that you don't have. Write down all your strengths, all the things that you are good at.

For example, I'm a bit shy and don't have great communication skills, BUT I am very patient with people and always polite, and THAT's what I mention in the job interview. You get what I mean?

If your family would only describe you as clumsy and short-tempered, then forget that. Focus on the positive things they would say about you. (Although I might caution about being short-tempered with people, it could cost you your job)

Good luck with your job search.

Job Interview - How Your Body Language Can Affect Your Interview


  • as honest as possible if you can try to say it in a way that sounds nice its all in the way you say it

  • lie as much as you can but make it sound honest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment