Friday, September 9, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What kind of thank-you note should I send after a job interview?

I just had a job interview and would like to send a thank-you note to my interviewer. However, I am not sure whether to mail that person a handwritten note or send an email. Which would be more appropriate?

5 Telecommuting Job Interview Tips



Recommended Answer:
It's irrelevant. If they want you they'll call. A note won't change that.

Best Answers to the Trickiest Job Interview Questions


  • I do agree with the first poster a hand written thank you letter on a post card would be good to send to the interviewer. Consider that if you email him/her, they may have hundreds of email messages popping up through their computer and they may have very little chance to read it and other matters of business to attend.

    When you do send one, ensure that spelling, grammar and punctuation is correct.

  • if you can afford the postage stamp... go ahead and hand right it... it should only like 5 minuts to write a note..

    - thanks for letting me have that interview... i appracite the oppertuniy... i hope we get the chance to work together.

  • Send a formal thank you. I would just say thank you for giving me the opportunity to come interview. I look forward to working with you.

  • You can do it either way. If I were you I would type a thank you note and mail it to the interviewer.

  • Handwritten note. Isn't the prospect of possibly getting the job worth an investment in a postage stamp??

  • Handwritten notes tend to stand out in this day and age.

  • Thank you for hiring me

    -your name

No comments:

Post a Comment