Thursday, September 15, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What should I wear to my first job interview?

Hey, I was e-mailed for a job interview at Brightview Senior Living to e held on Thursday. This will be my first interview I ever attend, I'm only 14. But idk what to wear. I don't feel it to be necessary to wear my suit and get all dressed up. It's also summer time, and it will be hot. Any clues for what I should wear? What I should do at the interview?

Five Tips on How to Prepare for a Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
I think you don't need to be dressed-up because it's kind of like a casual job, if you dress up too much, they might think you're over dressed for this one interview. I personally think you shouldn't go over the top. You should try wearing smart shoes, with smart trousers and a T-shirt.

Simple.

How to Prepare for Your Sales Job Interview


  • This really depends on the specific job your interviewing for.

    If it is a kitchen/laundry/lawn care position - a nice pair of jeans and a collared shirt, nice shoes (never wear dirty old sneakers).

    If it is a job that puts you in front of potential clients or family members than the suit would be appropriate. Wear a short sleeved shirt, don't put the jacket on until you get out of the car, a tie or not, I would recommend a tie. Dress to impress.

    The interview is your opportunity to show this person(s) that you are the one for the job. You take it seriously. This may prove to be a long term job, with room for future advancement. Make your first impression count and be lasting.

    Good luck, remember to breathe, try to relax as much as possible. Be yourself (but not too relaxed), be as honest as you can.

  • Hello, I'm fourteen as well but I have an excellent taste in clothes, here are some of my suggestions:

    1. If you want to look creative but should be taken seriously, I would wear a burgundy dress shirt, plain black sports coat and leave it open.

    2. If you want to look like a kiss-***, wear a sued front-shirt with a sky blue dress shirt and possibly some beige khakis.

    3. You could just be yourself, but try not to look very raggedy, that just shows lack of effort.

  • A clown suit.

    No, but seriously, dress for the job you want. Business casual (slacks, collared shirt, matching shoes + belt) would work fine, but a suit may show a lot of drive and determination - especially on a 14 year old. Just make sure the suit fits well - you don't want it to be wearing you.

  • A business suit is ideal for most interview, and it shows you are serious. A dress shirt and tie [if you are male] or some other form of dressy attire is as appropriate, but you should definitely be dressed up.

  • clothes of course. you might want to wear normal attire, you hethens now and days dont know how to dress properly, go with normal clothes. At the Interview you should definately not use the word "old".

  • Always overdress to the style of the people who work there. You generally cannot be too overdressed for your interview, ie. too formal. However, try to match what the people who work there would wear in general.

  • I would keep it professional yet casual, Try a trendy pair of denim jeans with a long button up dress shirt, with the sleeves rolled up to your elbows, and tucked in your pants of course.

  • wear slacks a nice shirt not to fancy just enought to give an impression and nice shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment