Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What time should I call to follow up on a job interview?

I did a job interview today for a retail position. I'm not certain of how the interview went but I'm pretty sure that I can improve my chances by making a follow-up call later tonight. The question is, what time should I make the call? I know that the two people who interviewed me are holding interviews until at least 6:30. The number I have is a cell phone. I can't wait until tomorrow because they are finalizing their hiring decisions by tomorrow.

Any thoughts on the matter are greatly appreciated.

Job Interview Preparation - How to Create That Powerful First Impression



Recommended Answer:
The best time to call is in the early morning right away when the business opens that way the manager is not busy and he/she is fresh in the morning with a cup of coffee. They will be more than happy and will respect that a lot because nothing is on their mind with other things being in the way.
For example, if they open at 8AM, then call at 8:01am. If they don't answer the phone, leave a brief message to call you back at your convenience.
Good luck.

Preparing Your Interview Questions and Answers - A 6 Step Guide to Successful Job Interviewing


  • Follow-up and call later in a descent time or in an office hour, increase the odds you will be remembered after the job interview and a well written, flattering job interview thank you letter that is all about your future boss and company will distinguish you from the pile. The power of the word “you” is so strong that it can cause an employer to re-think and look through the stack of resumes and interview notes.
    For more ideas about job interviews just feel free to visit our site below at

No comments:

Post a Comment